Amethyst as a Gemstone
Amethyst is the violet variety of quartz stones. As per the healers, Amethyst gemstone has that spiritual quality with which the individuals can easily connect and tap into the higher levels of consciousness. It represents planet Saturn. Amethyst benefits wearer by warding off the malefic effects of shani in horoscope. In Hindi, this is called jaamuniya.
Amethyst Gemstone meaning
Amethyst has got its name from the Greek amethystos, which means “not intoxicated”. Especially in Tibet, this is considered as a sacred gemstone and is used to produce the prayer beads. Amethyst stone is the birthstone for February. This crystal is a natural stress reliever crystal which encourages inner peace and strength.
Color- Violet, Purple
Category- Silicate mineral
Hardness- 7 Mohs
Crystal System- Trigonal
Luster- Vitreous / Glassy
Type of- Quartz
Uses- Meditation, Protection, Wisdom, Intuition, and Purification
Diaphaneity- Transparent to Translucent
Locations- Amethyst Crystal is produced in India, Brazil, Russia, Canada, South Korea, and Australia.
Astrological Signs of- Aries, Pisces, Sagittarius, and Aquarius.
How to use Amethyst Gemstone?
You need to add pieces of crystal grids just to ensure the smooth flow of energy at your home or office. The mantra is Om Pram Preem Proum Sah Shanaye Namah.
- To ensure balanced and sound sleep at night, make sure you are wearing this Amethyst ring or in your neck or keeping it under your pillow. Placing it under your pillow is one of the best ways to use this natural crystal.
- For a healing drink, you can soak it in water overnight, and then sip on that charged water throughout your day.
- It has been said that the beautiful purple colored Amethyst is a very soothing Gemstone and its jewelry is to relieve stress.
- Jewelry can be worn on different parts of your body, such as bracelets, earrings, necklaces or rings.
- Just because of the purple color, Amethyst has been very popular and it carries the connotation of luxury. Therefore many people prefer to wear this stone a lot.
- Wearing a circlet with as a droplet in it which rests around your forehead, would be a lovely way to wear this stone for your third eye.
- It has also been claimed that if you wear this stone near your navel, then it prevents drunkenness or intoxication. So, this can be indirectly considered to act as a precaution to be worn or carried if you are drinking.
- This is also a great crystal for travelers. So, carry Amethyst Gemstone if you are taking any journey then this gemstone would harness energies of safety and protection while you are traveling.
- As it has a wonderful effect on your mind, so it would be best to keep it around your bookshelf or your working desk to improve your thoughts and visions.
Heal with Amethyst stone
| Helps to quieten your mind and allows you to make contacts with spirit more easily.
| As they cleanse the negative energies and the negative traits out, so these would prove a great advantage in the overall growth of your health and spirituality.
| The Violet Amethyst Stone carries the string violet flame healing vibrations, which is helpful to heal your overall body and it ensures to do this healing on regular basis.
| These beautiful colored gemstones placed anywhere in the environment will bring powerful healing vibrations all over.
| If you are addicted to drinking, smoking or taking drugs, then you should surely carry Amethyst with you, as it would assist you in getting rid of these addictions.
| Amethyst in another form is known as master crystals especially when it comes to spirituality.
| It is a powerful and protective gemstone that acts as a carrier and wards off psychic attacks and removes negative energies surrounding you.
| Also boosts the internal production of hormones in your body and tunes your metabolism. Thus, it relieves emotional, physical, and psychological stress.
| It is considered to be the best healing crystal for the people who are suffering from Cancer because it is a combination of calming and healing.
| Amethyst stone is a perfect stone for meditation because it acts as an antidote for anger and rage.
| It also boosts the health of your spleen, liver, and pancreas.
Amethyst Gemstone Benefits
It is beneficial in all the ways an individual would prefer it to be, like:
ü Protects against psychic attacks
ü Enhances your communication from the divines
ü Expands your psychic and intuitive abilities
ü Cleanses the aura of negative energies and negative traits around you
ü Raises the positive energies and vibrations inside you
ü Cleanses, protects and heals your spirit internally
ü Reduces selfishness and you inspires selflessness in your
ü Improves your mental focus
ü Deepens the understanding powers
ü Improves the mental clarity and helps you in achieving your life goals
ü Sparks new ideas and new thoughts in your mind
ü Improves the power of decision making
ü Enhances your memory
ü Sparks creativity, passion, and inspiration
ü Reduces the emotional charge from you
ü Relieves anxiety and stress
ü Provides a sense of wellbeing and calmness to you
ü Provides you comfort during the times of grief
ü Uplifts and sooth your mood at the same time
ü Improves the blood circulation of your body
ü Promotes healthy cell regeneration in your body
ü Inhibits the growth the bacteria in your body
ü Promotes hormonal balance
ü Helps you losing weight
ü Helps in detoxifying your body mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally
ü Improves migraines and headaches
ü Reduces insomnia
Side effects of Amethyst
- Do not place it in sunlight because the colour can fade.
- You cannot use this stone for schizophrenia or paranoia.
- Always clear and cleanse amethyst after someone else has handled it. Also do it before and after the healing sessions, and as regular maintenance.
- It is very important for everyone to seek a proper consultation from Vedic or medical astrologer before wearing the gemstone.
Price of Amethyst in India is largely dependent upon its quality. Deep purple coloured stone is relatively higher in cost because of its astrological significance. Today, there are a lot of synthetic ones available in the market. It is important to be cautious against these. If you wish to buy original certified Amethyst Gemstone in India, you can get in touch with Astro Kapoor for the best price. Read Less